Thursday, April 22, 2010

Welcome to Randumosity!!

Hi!
My name is Jami. I am a 30 something wife and step-mom to a 19 year old teenage daughter (she keeps life interesting). We live in Central Florida, right in the middle of all the tourist traps, with our 3 old dogs. It's hot and miserable here most of the year. But, I wouldn't change it for the world. We really are spoiled by our location. We can play at Disney, Universal Studios or Busch gardens anytime we want.

Our family has always tried to be "green" in small ways. We have always recycled and we tried to always use ENERGY STAR products. You know, the little things. Then one day I discovered Cloth Menstrual Pads. Once I researched them I found that the average woman tosses between 10,000 and 15,000 tampons, pads, and applicators in her lifetime! I thought, "OMG that is insane!" How can we be clogging our landfills with THAT MUCH discarded body funk?! It completely opened my eyes to so much more and I got a little obsessed. That's when I introduced my pads to Randumosity on Etsy. I had a shop there that I sold purses and accessories on. It's just my little way to help lessen the contribution to the landfills.

Now my husband and I are making conscious green lifestyle decisions (except for his car, I haven't convinced him yet) like using our own bags at the store, energy efficient bulbs, recycling & line drying our clothes. I'm also trying my hand at making our own soap and cleaning products!

Through this blog I hope to record my personal journey in finding more ways to green my life, share some awesome tips I have found along the way, give new product and sales updates for Randumosity and GIVEAWAYS! Yahoo! I'm so excited :)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment